2 porterhouse pork chops
Sweet, Spicy & Smokey BBQ Rub (recipe below)
1/2 stick butter
1/3 cup peach juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp of honey
THE BEST SWEET, SPICY AND SMOKEY BBQ RUB RECIPE
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Use a fork to gently break up any clumps from the brown sugar.
- Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
- Sprinkle on meat, pat in, and grill or BBQ.
1. First, fire up your grill and bring to temp. It should be around 135°C or 275°F.
2. Season pork chops with your Sweet & Spicy Rub and place on your grill, off set from the fire.*You can add a chunk of cherry wood for smoke flavor.
3. Once the internal temp of your pork chops reach 50°C or 120°F (15 minutes approx.) you can transfer them to your direct heat source.
4. Slice your peach and place it on the grill as well, it will only need a quick sear.
5. Sear both sides of your pork chops and pull them off to rest once internal temp reaches 65°C or 145°F.
6. While pork chops are resting, in a sauce pan mix 1/2 stick of butter, 1 tsp of your Sweet & Spicy Rub, 1/3 cup of peach juice, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and 2 tbsp of honey over medium heat for the glaze.
7. Once reduced down to the consistency of syrup, glaze your pork chops and plate them with the peach.
Recipe adapted from: headcountry.com